HUAWEI Watch Ultimate review: At a glance
- What is it? The HUAWEI Watch Ultimate is a HarmonyOS-based smartwatch with 10ATM/100m water resistance. It is specifically designed to serve as a dive computer for scuba diving and freediving. It works best when paired with a HUAWEI smartphone but is also compatible with other Android phones and iPhones.
- What is the price? The HUAWEI Watch Ultimate price is £699/€749 for the Expedition Black model or £799/€899 for Voyage Blue. The two versions are identical except for bezel style and watch strap (the Voyage Blue model includes a titanium bracelet). While it wasn’t officially released in the US, you can pay a little extra for the international version on Amazon.
- Where can you buy it? The HUAWEI Watch Ultimate is available via Amazon, the HUAWEI website, and select retailers. It went on sale on April 3, 2023.
- How did we test it? For this HUAWEI Watch Ultimate review, I wore it as my sole smartwatch for a month. The unit was supplied by HUAWEI.
- Is it worth it? You should buy the HUAWEI Watch Ultimate if you’re specifically looking for an all-in-one dive computer and smartwatch. It’s a good basic-to-intermediate dive computer and a premium smartwatch offering with the usual HUAWEI caveats. For casual divers, it means you won’t need a separate watch and dive computer. Advanced divers, however, will likely want more advanced features like air integration.
Should you buy the HUAWEI Watch Ultimate?
I’ve reviewed dozens of HUAWEI wearables over the years. While I like them, they tend to feel a bit samey. So I was excited to test a smartwatch from HUAWEI that sets an ambitiously high bar. After more than a month with the cheaper Expedition Black HUAWEI Watch Ultimate on my wrist, I’m impressed. This is the most well-rounded smartwatch HUAWEI has made for a while.