The Gotrax GXL V2 is billed as the go-to short-distance commuter electric scooter, but does it stand up to testing? With an affordable price point, modest speeds, and simple controls, it’s easy for anyone to hop on and zip around without prior experience. However, there are some downsides to consider. Here’s a hands-on Gotrax GXL V2 review to help you decide if you should go ahead and buy it.
Gotrax GXL V2 review: At a glance
- What is it? The Gotrax GXL V2 is a small, affordable, entry-level electric scooter. It has one 250W motor, providing 12 miles of range and a top speed of 15.5 mph.
- What is the price? The Gotrax GXL V2 costs $399.
- Where can you buy it? You can buy the Gotrax GXL V2 from Amazon or directly from Gotrax.
- How did we test it? I tested the Gotrax GXL V2 for one week. Android Authority purchased the review unit.
- Is it worth it? The Gotrax GXL V2 is a suitable electric scooter for kids, first-time riders, or those who want a compact scooter for recreational rides. It is not recommended for long-distance commutes or off-road use as there is no suspension, and the tires are small.